Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Dr. Ford and his team will help to make you feel at ease. We will make sure all your questions are answered as well as assist you in understanding the proper course of treatment and how it will help you once a diagnosis is made.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your referral slip from your doctor and any x-rays if applicable. We will also take x-rays from various angles of your tooth to give us the most detailed information. We use only digital (computer) x-rays, documented to use 90% less exposure than a conventional film.
- A list of medications you are presently taking. We will photocopy this list for your records.
- If you have medical or dental insurance please bring the necessary information or forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- Click here to download our medical history form to bring to your appointment.
- Click here to download our medical history form to bring to your appointment – type in the form.
- Click here to download our patient information form to bring to your appointment.
- Click here to download our patient information form to bring to your appointment – type in form.
IMPORTANT: A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under 18 at the consultation and treatment visits. For continuity of care, it is helpful if the same parent or guardian is with the minor at all appointments.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to treatment (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.) or require are one of the rare individuals which medication prior to dental treatments (i.e antibiotics, for pre-med.)
If your previous dentist has taken recent x-rays within the last 6-months, our office may request that they are forwarded to our office. Sometimes much older x-rays are required. Even if these films are provided additional films are necessary and will be taken at our facility.